There has been so many things driving me restless lately. I am not a big fan of New Year's resolutions but I have definitely drawn a blueprint of the different aspects of my life that I want redesigned.
1. Health - Yesterday was the first day of my diet. And drinking detox tea. Keep your fingers crossed for me?
2. Art - Yesterday was also the first day of this "Awaken Creativity" program that I found myself commiting to. Today is only the second day and I already find myself lagging. Which, of course, drives me crazy at this point. Like I want to kick anyone who will rudely interrupt my creative thoughts.
3. Home - With the new goals in my art life, of course, comes a revamp of some home set ups. Hubby just bought me a drafting table (which I have always lusted for but could never afford). We found it on sale last weekend for $ 243 something cha-ching cha-ching!!! Yeah, I know.... And it doesn't stop there. Because I have a new art table, I am seriously planning on doing something with our floor in the art room, (because technically it was a guest room turned cave, turned studio). I certainly would not want to mess up the carpet in there. I have seriously considered installing *temporary* linoleum on top of the carpet, but that's too flimsy. I have considered plastic wrap, but it looks horrible. How about a temporary carpet on top of another? Or a huge area rug on top of the permanent wall to wall carpeting that I currently have? Or newspapers? Anything to catch the drops and spills of paint and goo. I am checking my options at carpet stores des moines to see if there is anything else I can do. Definitely, stripping to hardwood floors is not YET an option. Maybe down the road...
4. Gratitude - oh yes, I have started that habit a long time ago but sometimes I'm too busy to write it down. And I like seeing things on paper. Or the blog. So hopefully I will carry on again.
5. Relationships - not that I've been bad. But I'm been so busy clawing for me time most of the time that I tend to keep to myself a lot. But you can't blame me, I feel like I am always divided into a million little pieces just to be there for everyone who needs me (and it's like the entire universe, actually), that I thirst for "me time" a lot. Which kills some other "we time" that could have been. But then, the "we time" is the culprit. Or is it just imaginary?
There you go.
New year, new life. I sense some great new things ahead for me.